Thursday, December 13, 2012

Books I read in December 2012

Well with our new move to Seattle, I almost forgot the pleasures of reading
But as I am starting to find my new routines I am discovering the joy of audiobooks once again
Here is what I read in December

Hiss and Hers by M.C. Beaton
Always a joy to discover a new Agatha Raisin mystery - really enjoyed this one as well
The stories are so formulaic
But what is wrong with that

The Under Dog and other stories by Agatha Christie

Thirteen at Dinner by Agatha Christie

Heartstones by Ruth Rendell

I don't think I like when the central character is disturbed abnormal and morbid
When the character speaks in first person I start to identify with them and its disorienting
A girl with a mad love for her self centered father

Gallows Views by Peter Robinson
Inspector Alan Banks - love this new series
Very 80's in the way women are potrayed - The auithor seems careful to be not seen as chauvinistic so goes out of his way to be admiring of the two strong female characters - Inspector Banks' wife and the psychologist

The Troubled Man - Kurt Wallander
Have not finished this one yet - its masterfully written but slightly heavy

No comments:

Post a Comment