Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I married you for happiness

I actually abandoned this book as it made me sad

Its beautifully written but its about a husband dying so I could not bear reading it :-(
Review by Susan Anderson at Amazon

The story follows Nina as she has just discovered her husband has passed away in bed. Instead of immediately calling an ambulance (or whatever you would call when you know your significant other has passed away), Nina sits by her husband and reminisces about their entire love (and not so love) story. I think part of the reason I loved this book so much is because I kept imagining myself in Nina's position. What would I do if my husband passed away and I KNEW I was spending my very last moments by his side? I imagined myself just wanting to crawl in bed and cuddle with him, despite how morbid that sounds. I imagine that our whole relationship, the good and the bad, would pass before my eyes.

No, this isn't a happy little story you're going to get totally immersed in and follow along with from beginning to end. It's more a series of statements about marriage and love. It's paragraphs that make you think, sentences that bring tears to your eyes, and emotions that you've never felt before. At least that's what it was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment